Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

zoo crew








I have to admit, I'm not much of a zoo fan. We always go during the summer and it is way too hot, the animals don't move (boring), the kids end up crying. But you paid like forty bucks to get in so you can't leave till you see everything no matter how tired and miserable everyone is. I guess the secret is to go in the spring. We also found the secret back parking lot it even has a ticket entrance, I wish I known about this years ago.
On Friday we had the perfect zoo day. I even had a good time, the weather was gorgeous, the zoo wasn't too busy, and the kids were all happy and well. We had a great time prowling around checking out all the animals. While we were there we saw some interesting sights, a dumpster diving elephant (check out the pictures), and a bison charged the train while we were on it I just about had a heart attack. I love some of the pictures from the day, especially the two with the Giraffes. McKenna is absolutely in love with giraffes she would spend the whole day there if we let her.