Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

McKenna Five

Photobucket


Mckenna Turned Five this year. I look at these pictures and I am amazed how much she has changed in one short year. She has grown from my sweet toddler into a beautiful, beautiful little girl. Everyone tells you how fast they grow, but until I became a mother I didn't completely understand.
She is no longer a preschooler, she has started kindergarten. I wasn't prepared for how brave she would be. I needed her to need me, but she is pulling away and becoming more independent every day. I am so proud of her. It was only the second day of school when she told me to "please stay in the car, I want to go by myself." That just about broke my heart. I want to keep her home where I can shelter and protect her. It is so hard to let go.
She has been such a little mother to Addy, running to give her a Binky or just laying beside her when I have to run get a bottle. Every morning she when she wakes up she bounces into our room to greet her sister. It is so sweet.
With school starting I feel like I am marching to the beat of someone Else's drum. School pick ups, drop offs, homework and such. Gone are the days of just hunkering down in our small home away from the world, just my littles and I.
The start of school seemed like such an everyday occurrence I was unprepared for how it would change the rhythm of our little family. When we left for a long weekend of camping last week, it didn't even occur to me that I was taking McKenna out of school. It is so foreign to me that my young daughter's schedule is some how dictated by someone other than me. I hate it so much, that some days it has me thinking crazy thoughts about homeschooling... I know crazy. Then everyday she bounces out of her class room glowing from the day, So excited to show me her accomplishments. Today it was a new purple ring she had earned. In those moments I know she needs this time away to grow. It is me that is still holding on. I guess at some point we will find a new rhythm and this will become a new normal. For now I feel scattered between, feeding, naps, afternoon pickups, dinner, and on and on.



Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket